Friday, March 20, 2009

Dragonforce - Valley of the Damned (2003)

The Mountain Dew of power metal hath arrived, brah, and it's name is Dragonforce. Like, extreme n' shit, I totally envision this when I'm catching that fateful wave or like shredding powder kegs up the mountain. These blokes are like SRS n' shit, brah. Power and glory and mountains and destiny and babes in bikinis and white lightning and horses and thunder and dragons and castles and shadows and eternity and horizons and damn, brah, they can shred. Like I hear they included Dragonforce on like Guitar Hero, brah? Isn't that amazing? Not for a song here but like some later song. Also did you see those videos of little kids running around in capes cranking this shit? Far out.

Anyway brah I wanted to share you some of the lyrics from this song "Black Fire" it's like really cool and I don't usually get into poetry but you gotta see this:

Hunting all day an endless cry
The things I've seen I can't deny
Sinners, saints all mixed in one
The dawn of time has begun
Why can't you see what they're doing to me
Is it fair that I'm dying in vain
Once in a land of sacrifice now only valleys of demise
Shadows of a pale blue moonlight ride the waves of entity


I get it. I GET it, brah. Then there's this song "Black Winter Night" which is like 1000x better and faster than anything else ever rocked to, brah. Those axes are shredding and those keyboards are just incredible. It's so harmonious, brah, I mean harmonious like nature, dude. I know it's crazy but there are some other sick songs here too like "Disciples of Babylon" and "Evening Star". They even have a chick singer. Oh wait that's not a chick. Hang ten, brah. Also dude, like I found out there is this entire genre out there called 'power metal' and a lot of bands copy Dragonforce. I know, brah. But even though they like, went back in time and released their albums first, they just aren't this extreme.

Dude, this has nothing to do with my A.D.D., I know what my counselor said but forget that, brah. This is about unicorns and stars and hearts and fire and winter and rain, and like valleys and horsemen like knights and man I'm hypnotized by this 'n shit:

Rays of sunlight now are gone
Only visions of ice will remain
The fallen ones and forgotten souls
Will rise up over the slain
No more hope as we raise our hands to the sky
No more dreams as the rivers run dry


You gotta check this out, brah. You won't believe it.

Verdict: Extreme Win [8/10] (come and live your fear)

http://www.dragonforce.com/

No comments: